Outgoing Emails Blocked by Spamhaus
Error: Cannot send emails: 451 http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=xx.xx.xx.xx
If you cannot send mail, the problem is likely a restriction by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) as many block the normal sendmail port 25, due to their own security concerns.
This can be the case even if sending was working recently as some ISP’s roll these changes through without warning.
Simply changing to port 587 will resolve the problem for you.
Below are our recommended outgoing SMTP settings:
- Incoming Server: mail.your-domain.com
- Outgoing Server: mail.your-domain.com
- Username: Your full e-mail address
- Password: Your e-mail account password
- Incoming Port: POP3 110 or IMAP 143
- Outgoing Mail server (SMTP) Port: 587
- SSL: NO
- SMTP Authentication Required
If you are unsure how to make the above changes, we recommend reviewing: